Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Card Carousel

Looking through the photos of our old Christmas cards, makes me realize just how fast these years have gone by.
I miss the days that I shared with this bald, toothless, chuncky cheek baby.
And teaching this little one how to throw a snow ball.

I love the look of enchantment in her eyes. I hope she keeps that sense of joy and exitement.

Going through these pictures of our past and current Christmas cards, I realize that my baby no longer looks, act or is a baby anymore. I'm kinda sad about it, but I look forward to teaching her and molding her into the woman that she will become. I don't stress (well at least try not to stress) about little things that truly do not matter; like a spotless house. She's not going to remember if her house growing up was dust free, and to be honest neither am I. We are, however, going to have wonderful memories of time spent together. If there is one thing I've learned in my 3 and half years of being a mother is that time goes by way too fast and life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.


7 comments:

  1. Your daughter is precious! What an adorable card.

    Thanks for joining in the fun! Merry CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to look through the years. You cards are beautiful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the bittersweetness of being a mama. It is always fun to look back over past photos but it does wrench your heart a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! We used the same card this year! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree....my oldest daughter is also 3.5 and I can't believe what a big girl she is...it makes me sad, but happy! Cute card :)

    ReplyDelete