Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Fun

This was a very fun, much needed weekend away from Mobile. It started with a trip to Gulf Breeze Zoo with some friends of ours for their son's 4th birthday. The weather was perfect. It was a little on the warm side in the heat of the day, but I can't complain because it wasn't miserable.



Man, I love these two!





Zoe thinks she's a giraffe.


Feeding his daughter to the snake! Bad Daddy.











While we waited on the train, the kids played in the sandbox digging up fossil bones.


Waiting on the train.


Still waiting.


Yep, still waiting. We waited for about an hour.


But the kids seemed to enjoy it. After the zoo, we went to Fudpucker's in Destin to eat. The kids got to hold a live alligator! They were excited. Especially Tanner. I have a picture of them but I'll post it on here later. I'm blogging in the car on the way to the outlets to do some shopping, and I have to scan it.


After a late lunch, we went to the beach. The kids had lots of fun playing in the sand and in the water. I love how kids are so resilient.











After we checked into our hotel and got Zoe out of her soaking wet clothes, we headed to Destin Commons to get some ice cream.


Like I said on Facebook, a great ending to a great day!


Today we had planned on going to the beach and just hanging out, but Zoe has developed a horrible cough. So we decided to eat breakfast at the Donut Hole and then head to the outlets.


Zoe was the photographer.


She told us to make a silly face.


Then she said to look angry. Chris, however, does not follow directions. He looks more like a pirate.


She's so beautiful.


And so is he!
Now we are on a mission to find some sandals for Zoe that we saw at the Sunset Shoes in Destin (similar to Sand Dollar). Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment