Friday, April 29, 2011

Charm City Cakes :)

Zoe wanted a Strawberry Shortcake theme party with a strawberry cake. She has been very adamant about this strawberry cake. Well, wouldn't you know that Target and Walmart do not make strawberry cakes. I know there are other bakeries out there, but I really didn't want to spend a fortune. So we decided to make the cake ourselves.


Well, I should say. Chris decided to make the cake. Actually he made 5 cakes!


Yep, it took 4 8in by 8in cakes and a dome cake to make Zoe's birthday cake.


We decided to go all "Charm City Cake" (Ace of Cakes off of the Food Network) and make a Strawberry Shortcake hat cake.



Chef Chris working his magic. :) Zoe was so excited about her cake. It makes it that much more special that her daddy made it for her.





Here are a few examples of the hat cake.


Here's our cake this morning. I think Chris has done an excellent job!! We are finishing up the decorations for it tonight and adding the strawberries tomorrow morning. Can't wait for Zoe's party tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. WAY TO GO CHRIS!!! He just looks tough and macho! LOL.... They turn to mush for their little girls!!! Can't wait to see if finished!!

    ReplyDelete