Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Friday night (which happened to also be Earth Day), we took Zoë to the movies to watch "African Cats." A portion of the every ticket purchased went to help the African savanna in Kenya. Our GREAT friends, Justin, Alisa and Rian joined us. Zoë absolutley LOVES them! (and so do we!)
 Saturday we went to the Battleship.










 After the Battleship, we ate lunch at the Spot of Tea. Zoë took this picture of me and Rian.
 And this one of Rian.

These two girls could pass as sisters!
 After lunch, we went and dyed eggs! Man, I love these two.
 How did I ever get so lucky to be this beautiful girl's mother?!
 And her talented father's wife? Yep, he managed to make a multicolored egg! Actually 6 multicolored eggs. :)
 Zoë's Easter basket. I didn't go all out on candy and presents. I mean this kid gets a "prize" weekly.  Chris, however, informed me that HE will be making the Easter basket from here on out.

My beautiful girl in her Easter dress.  We ate Easter lunch with Chris's family, and then headed over to my family's to eat again. :) We played "duck, duck, goose" and "red light, green light" with the kids (Phoenix, Zoë, and Aliza) and after eating we played volleyball for a couple of hours. It was a very good Easter filled with all the things I love: food and family. :)

Today, however, the Gegenheimer family got some bad news. My dad's brother Jack passed away this morning. He had pancreatic cancer. He was 54 years old. He has two daughters, Audrey and Mary, and two grandchildren, Dylan and Maddie.  Audrey has been by her dad's side for the past 11 months while he put up a good fight.  Please keep her, Mary, my father and the rest of my family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment