So we all know that it's miserably hot. Wanna know what could be worse than 110 degree weather? 110 degree weather with a non-functioning air conditioner!!! That's right, our AC unit went out again. It went out 2 months ago. Well, I called the service people around 6:45 to put in a call thinking it would be like last time, they would be there in an hour and have it working again. Boy was I wrong. The technician didn't get there until 10:30 and didn't have the part (a compressor) to fix it. He tried to bill me $50 for the service call, saying the warranty expired last year because it didn't transfer over from the previous owner. Um, there is no previous owner. We built that house (almost) 6 years ago. Funny how he said "according to my records" but the bill he gave me states on the bottom, where it printed out from his computer, warranty effective from 10/26/2005-10/26/2015...um dude, you might want to check your records again. I called Climate Control (or whoever they are now) to check on the warranty, the lady said that she has it on file that we have a warranty until 2015. She then started asking questions to set up another appointment to have someone come look at the unit because the tech from last night never sent in what was wrong with it. Lady, I know what's wrong with it. Just send someone out to fix it! She kept trying to tell me that since the tech hadn't reported what was wrong with she couldn't do anything about it. I nicely (maybe not so nicely) informed her that it was a grounded out compressor so please send someone out to fix it ASAP. She then tries to pull what the technician tried last night, "well your unit is over 10 years old." Um, check your computer again. It's not even 6 years old yet (insert foul language because I'm fuming at this point.)
Here is how our conversation ended: "Mrs. Shuttlesworth, I can have someone out there between 12-2 today."
Me: So it will be fixed this afternoon?
Climate Control: no, mam. The earliest I can have someone out there with the part is possibly Thursday.
Me: I'll have my husband give you a call.
Chris calls them. They are sending someone out with a compressor this afternoon! God, I love that man. :-)
Another man I love, is my sweet father in law. Chris was out of town last night, so Scott came over while the technician did his thing. He waited with me and Zoë in my 85 degree home (thank God for cloud coverage and night time) and fiddled with the AC unit before the tech got there to explain what was going on. (The outside unit wasn't running and kept tripping the breaker. Yea, I wouldn't have had a clue.) Thank you Scott for helping us last night! We love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment