
Tonight I made homemade queso (that turned out awesome!) and chicken/rice bowls that we love to get at Moe's.

Mine, I have to say, was better (and probably way less calories). This is definitely one I'll be making again.
Chicken Bowl:
seasoned chicken (cooked chicken breast tenders rolled around in seasoning mix)
seasoned rice (cooked brown rice then stirred in some seasoning mix)
topped with:
lettuce
shredded mexican cheese (I used Sargento's reduced fat mexican blend)
black beans
pico
queso
Seasoning Mix
2 T olive oil
2 t chili powder
2 t cumin
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 t salt
I got this seasoning recipe from Six Sisters Stuff blog . Their recipe for baked fajitas was delicious! I don't have vegetable oil, so I substituted olive oil.
Homemade Queso
1 lb white american cheese (deli style)
1/2 cup of milk
2 T jalapeño juice (pickled)
Put in crock pot. Stir occasionally. This wasn't spicy at all. But if you like it spicy, just add more jalapeño juice or actual jalapeños. I got this recipe from Pinterest .
This looks great - and adventurous. Thanks for linking up with "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope you'll be back next Saturday to share more terrific ideas! -The Sisters
ReplyDelete