Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Few Randoms

Happy New Year!!! We had a wonderful long holiday weekend with awesome friends! Now we are trying to get back into the normal routine. Zoë went back to school yesterday after being out for 2 and a half weeks. I really thought drop off would be hard, but yesterday she was perfect, and today I bribed her with ordering lunch on Monday if she did good at drop off the rest of the week. So far so good. :) They also started reading groups this week. Zoë was really excited this morning because Tuesday is her day for reading group. I love that she's excited about learning. Chris is going to have to have knee surgery again. Fun stuff! The sooner the better so that he's ready for the first rugby game of the season. You would think he would stop playing rugby right? Nope, not my husband. He's not happy unless he's doing something physical. The other day while thinking about this coming up surgery, he realized that we don't have the proper furniture for his healing knee. So out of the blue, he says he wants to get a new couch. (This really isn't out of the blue. He's always disliked our sectional.) I tell him to sell the sectional and we'll get a new couch. So what does he do? He puts it on Craiglists, and it basically sold that same day and for what we asked for! So we are now furniture-less. Well, until next Wednesday. We went Sunday and found a whole living room set at a really good deal. I've been wanting to re-decorate the living room, so I guess we both win. Plus we got a love seat for the game room too. I'm so not looking forward to cleaning out the game room. But with the part of the sectional we had in there out, what better time to do it than before the new piece of furniture arrives right? I'm sure something more fun will come up and we won't do it. We have our priorities in order! Fun first definitely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment