Saturday, March 17, 2012

Twenty Nine

Turning 29 makes me look at myself a little deeper every morning and every night. Okay, maybe just getting older makes me do that, but I've really noticed me doing it a lot lately. I notice a new wrinkle, or maybe it's the first time to see that wrinkle. I notice the gray hair. A part of me is tempted to go buy that bottle of Clairol from Target. I've already bought the anti wrinkle cream. :)




I notice more cellulite on the back of my legs. But maybe its all just in my head. I joined the gym 2 weeks ago. I didn't do it to lose weight. I did it to be healthy. I am pushing 30 you know. I've been very fortunate to never have an issue with my weight. Some is thanks to genetics. My father has always been a pretty thin man. But I think the fact that I am all about portion control helps out a lot too. It's just something I've always done. When I'm full, I quit eating. Plus I eat pretty dang healthy. Lean meats like ground sirloin, chicken and fish, and of course, lots of vegetables and fruits. I'm also not going to skip a meal. I LOVE food. I eat probably all day long. I hope I'm able to be an excellent example to my daughter when it comes to eating healthy and taking care of your body. I think we're doing a pretty good job so far. I mean what 5 year old (she'll be 5 in a month and a half!!!) prefers edemame over fruit gummies? I want her to have a healthy self image. I have friends that stress over their weight and miss meals or do even more bizarre things to prevent themselves from eating something and to me that's not healthy. And they think their children have no clue, but I'm sure if they are even half of observant as my child is, they see and this will effect their eating habits as well.




One of the main things I've noticed about being 29 is how blessed I am. I have a husband who loves me more than any electronic on this planet (and if you know my husband that's A LOT ha!), I have a beautiful, healthy daughter who is my reason for living, and all the other little extras that make life grand! So here's to 29 and the end to my 20's! They were fun and very exciting years, but I know I have more fun and exciting years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment