Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Houmas House

Sunday we went to Darrow, Louisiana to spend the day at the Houmas House, a sugar plantation on the Mississippi River, for Chris's Granny's 71st birthday.


My in laws, especially Jerri Lynn, absolutely LOVE this place, and after going myself, I can see why.


The grounds are absolutely breathtaking and so is the house.


Zoë and I had so much fun! We pretended that we were the owners of this glorious, antebellum estate while touring the gardens. We even enjoyed a glass of watermelon tea! It was quite delightful. :)


I also got some great pictures of my girl! There really is no need to hire a photographer when I have 2 semi pros in my family. (And I'm getting better too. lol)














Chris was so creative with his various shots. I just had to document some of my favorites from inside the house on here.


After touring the house, we ate lunch. I had never had a mint julep before so I decided to give it a try. Thankfully, I also ordered a sweet tea. In case you didn't know, Mint Juleps are whiskey. I HATE whiskey! I did manage to drink at least half of it though.

















I plan on touring a few more of these plantations on the Mississippi River. They will make for great stopping points on one of our anniversary or birthday bike rides. Thanks Jerri Lynn for inviting us along! We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment