Everyone is entitled to a bad day every once in awhile. Well, Monday was definitely Zoe's bad day. She threw a fit when she got to school. "I don't want to stay," is what she told me as I was about to walk out the door. For those of you who don't know my daughter, she is a little over dramatic. Not sure where she gets that from. You would have thought I was leaving her with the headless horseman the way she was freaking out. Well, when I picked her up, she asked for a treat. I told her that she did not get a treat because she was not a big girl this morning. She then proceeds to argue with me. She tells me that she was very good this morning. I thought really child, where was I. At a red light, I pulled out her folder to see what she did that day. Imagine my surprise when I found a note from Mrs. Howard saying Zoe lost not 1 but 2 smiles for not obeying!!! Not my wonderful child who does no wrong. I asked Zoe why she lost 2 smiles. Her response, "I still had one left." I explained to Zoe that she must listen to Mrs. Howard because she is the boss during the day. I then told her that I would have to tell her daddy. If you could have seen the look of despair on her face. I sent Chris a text message so that he could have a little time to calm down. (I was at another red light.)
Her punishment: she had to sit in her room facing the wall until dinner. After we ate, she had to go back and sit and face the wall until bath time and then straight to bed. Tuesday morning Mrs. Howard told me exactly what happened. Zoe refused to listen to her whenever she told her to do something like put her my little pony doll in her backpack. Mrs. Howard said Zoe lost it when she was told that mommy was getting a note. On a much brighter note, Zoe can write the uppercase and lowercase A. Her uppercase A was on the chalkboard. Her Tuesday was also much better than her Monday. Zoe, it's ok. Momma hates Mondays too.
No comments:
Post a Comment