Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bribery

This week Zoe has been very whiny and clingy when I drop her off at school. Chris took her Tuesday and said she did great, so imagine my surprise Wednesday morning when she busted up in big ole crocodile tears when I told her bye. (Why do children act completely different for their fathers?) Well, this momma wasn't having it. I took her to the bathroom and popped her little booty and told her to go into her class like a big girl. She did, but whined the whole time. I could understand her hesitation a whole lot more if I was going home after dropping her off, but I don't. I have to work. I would also understand it if it was something new to her but it's not. We've been doing this for 3 years. Her whole life practically!!! I know it's all for me. She knows that if she acts that why, I stay a little bit longer. I mean I can't leave with her clinging to my leg for dear life. So, last night after bath time, I made her pinky promise me that she would not cry, whine or cling to me. She would unpack her stuff like a big girl and give me a huge hug and kiss and tell me bye. If she didn't keep her promise then she would get 2 spankings (one from me and one from daddy) and no tv for a week. (I think the no tv for a week bothered her more than the spankings) But if she kept her promise for the rest of the week, then Sunday we will take her to the zoo! Needless to say, Zoe had a great morning! SHOCKER :-)
I've also started using the "if you're not good Santa's not going to bring you any toys for Christmas." I know, we haven't even made to Halloween yet! But hey, whatever works. I'm so ready for Christmas! I'm ready to start decorating. I've already started shopping. I'm off on Veteran's day so I plan on finishing up on that day. Next week is Zoe's fall fling at school. I took off that day. I'm so excited to spend that time with her and her class.
One finally thing, please say a prayer for my friend Tiffany's cousin Evan. He was shot last night. She said they believe he will be fine but still every prayer counts. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment