As soon as I got off work Friday, we hit the road. No trailering the bike for us. We rode it to Birmingham in the freezing cold. Chris was prepared. I was not. So when we stopped in Greenville, we ate, and then we went to Walmart to get me some long johns. Oh boy do I love me some long johns. They made all the difference. Them and some hand warmers. The feet warmers, not so much. Once we got to our hotel in Birmingham, we crashed!
We were up bright and early Saturday morning. We had decided Friday that we were going to just head on up to Tennessee so that we could ride through Cades Cove. Well when Chris talked to his parents, they told him that that part of the mountains was closed because Friday night they had had a snow storm. They told him about a beautiful spot in Fort Payne AL called Little River Canyon and then Highway 11 up to Chattanooga.

Little River Canyon. It was beautiful. But seeing that really made us want to go to Cades Cove.


It was 40 degrees Saturday. But don't worry, we were prepared.


That's me in the mirror. :)

This is what happens to your eyes while riding. Even with eye wear on they get so dried out. They are still red today.
Well for those that know us, if we are within 4 hours of the National park, we are going to end up there. Road closures and snow do not keep us away. So we headed to Gatlinburg. Luckily for us the snow was on the North Carolina side of the mountain.

The best margarita ever at Jose's in Gatlingburg.

Good Sunday morning from Cades Cove.

The colors were still popping on the trees but the fields were frosted over. It was absolutely breathtaking.

Deer were all over the place. No bears though.


I loved seeing random brown, yellow, orange or red trees amongst the green.


Red was my favorite.
I hated leaving. Luckily for me, I will be back up in two weeks showing this beautiful place and many other of my favorites to my parents.

Zoe stayed with her Sweet Pea and PawPaw. She too was exhausted. She looked at me and said, "I'm tired." Then rolled over on the couch and past out. Tomorrow is her rescheduled Fall Fling. I'm so excited!!! Plus Veterans Day is Thursday so it's going to be a short week for me.
Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment