Sunday, January 16, 2011

Making Memories

Friday night Chris and I had date night. Well instead of spending $100 on dinner and a movie or a game of pool and some drinks, we booked a room in Destin and woke up to this gorgeous view Saturday morning.











I just love the harbor view.





We ate breakfast at the Donut Hole. Very good food!





Then took the scenic route back to Alabama. So peaceful and breathtaking.





I'm a very happy girl on the back of a Harley.











We met Zoe and Chris's parents at the zoo in Gulf Shores. I love this zoo. Chris's mom found out that they had a 9 week old baby Bengal tiger. They had called to get an excursion with the tiger but they were all booked up. As we were leaving, the lady said they had a cancellation and it was ours if we wanted. Well, duh! The lady asked how old Zoe was and Jerri Lynn and I said 4 (because you have to be 4 to do it). Then you heard a loud little voice from behind the animal puppets say, "I'm not 4! I'm 3." They still let us do it.





Patiently waiting her turn.





This is Sita.





This was one of the coolest experiences of my life!











Zoe found out how to get Sita' attention. Sita liked to play.





How awesome is this? Zoe actually got to feed Sita.





Being her goofy self. I do so love this kid.











Zoe found a bird feather and would tickle Sita's nose with it.

















After the zoo, Chris and I took the ferry back to our side of the bay.





Beautiful Mobile Bay











When we got our girl back, Zoe and I made peanut butter cookies.





She's very good with the mixer.





These pictures are from Sunday night. Chris made me a fire Saturday night, but I wasn't awake long enough to enjoy it. I do believe I was asleep by 8:30!





Zoe requested this fire. These two make me smile. I'm so excited about being off work tomorrow! Zoe and I have hair appointments in the morning and then off to Best Buy to get Let's Dance for the Wii. I played it with my sister at my parents' house today and had so much fun. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment