Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Sound of Music and some random happenings

So a few weeks ago I introduced Zoe to the music from one of my favorite movies, The Sound of Music. We haven't sat down and watched the actual movie yet because I'm not quite sure it will hold her attention. Plus I need to find it. :) Any who. Like I was saying, I introduced her to a few songs and for the past couple of weeks we have been jamming out to Do Re Mi and My Favorite Things. Now she has discovered The Lonely Goatherd. For those of you who are not as familiar with this movie as I am, it's the song where Julie Andrews and the children put on a puppet show for the Captain and the Baroness. And for those of you who have never seen the movie, shame on you! :) For the past week my child has been yodeling this song. It's very amusing.





What's even more amusing is that Zoe took these pictures of herself yesterday afternoon while singing (or yodeling I should say).
She's got great memorization skills. She can hear a song once or twice and know the words. Same with quoting movies. She gets this talent from her father.

Now for just some random happenings:


A few weeks ago Chris got another tattoo! I really like it. He's even talking about adding to it. I guess it's true that they are addicting.

I'm also thinking about redecorating Zoe's bathroom.


I found this shower curtain online, but they are sold out! Walmart carries the same one for the same price so I'll probably order it online. Instead of doing the hot pink coordinates, I'll probably do purple because that's Zoe's favorite color and then have pink and purple towels. I love having a girl and being able to decorate so girly!

Last night Zoe and I went to the Disney Store. She asked to go last Sunday but it was 5:00. (They close at 6 on Sundays.) we spent about an hour in the store. I told she could get 1 thing, so she had to check out EVERYTHING to make sure she was happy with what she chose. She ended up getting Ariel water pistols which shocked me. I was really expecting to walk out of there with a new costume.

I'm so glad today is Thursday! It's my favorite day of the week. My husband comes home on Thursdays!!! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment