Monday, April 4, 2011

Working for the Weekend

I love the weekend. Whether it be a lazy one or a jammed packed one, I live for those 2 days!!! Friday night we went to Bay Minette to watch Shelby perform. I'm so glad we did. The show was awesome!!! It was a musical/play. Zoe loves stuff like that, but really loves it when Shelby is performing. Shelby, you did amazing!!! We are so proud of you and all that you've accomplished. You will kick butt at Auburn. :) We love you very much.






Zoe's school is raising money to help build a Christian school in Ghana (a country in Africa). They've done a lot of different fund raisers throughout the year, but I believe Zoe's favorite is the temporary tattoos. For $1, she gets to show her support for Ghana. :) By the way, that is the best temporary tattoo! It remained on her face and looked as if we had just put it on her all weekend long. I removed it last night around 8 with rubbing alcohol.





Saturday we got up early and met Justin, Alisa, Rian and Lindsey at Dauphin Island to catch the ferry to Gulf Shores. Whitney's family had a condo in Orange Beach and she invited us to come spend the day. It was such a beautiful day, so glad I got to spend it being lazy with friends.

After the beach, we passed Zoe off to Chris's mom, sister and granny and headed to a surprise 30th birthday party for one of his friends. We hung out for a little while and then headed home. I think we were in bed by 9:30! Ha. The beach/sun really drains you.





Sunday, Chris went and trained, and I cleaned house and did laundry. Not much fun, but I felt so accomplished after it was finished. Sad, I know. Once Chris got back, we headed to Lowes to get some pricing on some home improvement projects. We ended up buying new faucets for the bathroom sinks.





Before





After

We actually bought new shower/tub faucets, towel racks and toilet paper holders to match, but for some unknown reason, they are not easily interchangeable. I was not happy. Oh, well. The sinks look good.

This coming up weekend we are putting a fence around Zoe's playhouse/swing set. It'll serve two purposes. 1) a place to put the dogs during her birthday party in a few weeks. 2) keep the dogs away from her playhouse once Chris repairs some boards that they chewed up.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I know I'm ready for the next one. Only 4 more days. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment