We spent Saturday and Sunday up in the mountains. We had a wonderful time and are so glad our friends, Justin and Alisa, went with us!
We at breakfast at the Dillard House in Dillard Ga Saturday morning. They have the BEST breakfast with a beautiful view.
I zoomed in on this school that is across the street from the Dillard House. Chris got me a zoom lens for my camera for our anniversary. I LOVE it.
We took a rode we've never taken before out of Dillard into Highlands, NC. The town was so cute and quaint.
From Highlands, we went on to Cherokee NC. We stopped at a few waterfalls along the way. This one you could actually walk behind. It was beautiful.
We went at the perfect time for the leaves to be changing. The colors were just popping!
I didn't take any pictures of Cherokee. We ate lunch and walked around the town to stretch our legs. After Cherokee, we did my favorite thing in the mountains to do: Go over the mountain! At least that's what I call it. You actually go over several mountains to get to Gatlinburg, TN from Cherokee.
We stopped at Newfound Gap to take a potty break and stretch our legs some more. Chris took this time to play around with my new lens.
Which means, there are some pictures of me. :)
Our bikes. Aren't they pretty?!
On our way down the mountain from the Gap, we got into a little bit of traffic jam. Apparently it was dinner time in the mountains.
Two bears up in the tree forging for some dinner, caused everyone to stop and take pictures.
We actually saw 3 bears. While we were sitting in traffic, on our way to Cades Cove, I was looking into the woods hoping to spot some form of wildlife, I saw another bear trotting through the woods. We were pretty close to it, but I couldn't snap a picture fast enough. Alisa got a good one though. People were actually walking down some trails a few feet from the bear!! Glad I wasn't!
Another one of my favorite things to do is ride through Cades Cove. We got there close to closing time, so we got to see the sun set in the Cove. It was rather breathtaking. (As always!)
We saw some turkey, horses, and a few deer in the Cove.
My camera was dying and I only had one picture left on my memory card, so of course I took it of our friends!
That night we ate dinner at No Way Jose's Cantina in Pigeon Forge and then stayed at the Hilton in Gatlinburg. I plugged my camera battery into the charger, but for some reason, it didn't charge. :( I have no pictures from Sunday. We rode the Dragon (so proud of Justin and Alisa!!) and rode the Cherohola Skyway. The Skyway is so beauiful. It's called the Million Dollar Highway because that's how much it cost to build it. I'm so glad they did! After spending pretty much all day riding in the mountains, we headed back toward Alabama. We stopped in Birmingham around 9:00pm to eat and Justin and Alisa got a hotel room. Chris and I continued on home. I was off today, but he was not. We rode a total of 18 and a half hours straight!! Yep, definititely crazy bikers!!! lol. We had a blast though. So glad ya'll came, Justin and Alisa!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment