Friday, December 23, 2011

Disney Day 2 Animal Kingdom

On Day 2 we decided to hit the Animal Kingdom since we were attending Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party that evening. We needed a park that wouldn't take all day because we all needed a nap before going to the Magic Kingdom.  Once we got in the park, I got a map and looked to see how tall you needed to be to ride Expedition Everest.  Last year Zoë was right at 40 inches tall so she was able to ride most of the rides at Disney World. Well in 14 months, she grew 4 inches, so this trip she was able to ride everything except the Rocking Roller Coaster! So, we headed straight for the Yeti ride as she called it. :)


She wanted to ride with her Daddy.




I was so proud of my girl. She did so well on her first real roller coaster. We even rode it again.

After the Yeti ride, we headed to the Dinosaur ride. From what I remember of this ride (I haven't rode it since our Honeymoon), I really didn't think Zoë would enjoy the ride. She didn't either. She told us before we got there that she didn't want to ride it. So she and I went to ride the triceratops ride. It's very similar to the Dumbo ride at MK, but Zoë loved it. Oh, another ride she can't ride, is the Dino-Whirl. You have to be 48 inches tall. At the rate she's growing, that'll probably be next year!

We still had some time before everyone got off the Dinosaur ride, so we climbed on this dinosaur.


And I found our first Hidden Mickey. There are hundreds of Hidden Mickeys throughout out the Animal Kingdom alone. After I found this one, Chris bought the Hidden Mickey app for the Iphone. He found a few more but decided that is way too time consuming and something to do when you don't have a child (or an impatient wife) with you.


And of course, we saw Baloo and King Louie at the Animal Kingdom! One of our favorite parts of Animal Kingdom is the Safari ride. You know you go to a lot of zoos when you know what an Okapi is and that it's part of the giraffe family.  :)



After the safari ride we ate lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. I was told by several people that this is the place to go for quick service food at the Animal Kingdom. We usually eat at the Yak and Yeti (which is a table service restaurant), but the Flame Tree BBQ was VERY good. I got the ribs and chicken combo. I didn't particularly care for the ribs, but the chicken was awesome. Chris laughed at me because I usually hate bbq. Well, I think it's really bbq sauce that I don't' like. The like dry rub bbq for sure.

While we waited in line to order our food (apparently everyone likes Flame Tree BBQ), Zoë and Shelby went to go see Dug and Russell from the movie Up. After lunch we went and saw Finding Nemo, definitely a show worth seeing, then headed back to our room to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment