Thursday, December 27, 2012

I'm in the hospital

This post was going to be my Christmas post, but as I was downloading pictures to my laptop, Zoë informed me of a bump on the back of her leg that was "goo-ing out water." I didn't like the way the bump looked, so I took her up to Chris's game room to have him look at it. We decided to wait until morning and take her to the urgent care. Well I googled "red bump with red circle around it" and immediately staph came up. I went back upstairs and told Chris we were going to the ER.



We waited for 4 hours before we were seen by the nurse practitioner. He diagnosed her with staph. He got a needle and probed, poked, and popped it right out. (Luckily it was on the surface.)


As we were preparing to leave, they took Zoë's temp, and it was 101*. They decided to test her for the flu. By now it's 1:45am (we got to the ER a little after 9pm). 15 minutes later they came back to tell us that her test for flu was negative. Yay! So by 2 we were on our way home. It was a very long and exhausting night, but glad my baby is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment