
I had planned on charging the battery for my camera the night before, but after drinking a margarita and soaking in our big ass tub, I completely forgot.

Funny story about the tub. The first two nights, Chris booked king bed suites. Both rooms had these gigantic jacuzzi tubes. To try to keep up with the theme, he got another king bed suite for our third night. I went into the room first while he got our stuff. When he walked in I said, "no tub." He looked at me like, really, you expected another jacuzzi tub? I said, "no, honey. There is no tub at all. It's a walk in shower." It made us laugh.

Anyway, we got up early and hit the road. On the way, we rode through Wears Valley.

No trip is complete without going through Wears Valley and Maryville.

My phone's camera didn't do a bad job capturing the beautiful morning.


We got on Highway 129 and headed to The Dragon. The Dragon is 318 curves in 11 miles. It is such a fun ride. We were on it before anyone else was in it. It made it so nice!


Chris and his pet dragon. :)

After the Dragon, we continued on Highway 28. That is our new favorite road. It has so many curves, if not more, than the Dragon. And the scenery is absolutely breathtaking.

We rode into Highlands, NC and saw this beautiful waterfall. It wasn't our first rodeo to this waterfall, but it amazes me every time.

We decided not to stop for lunch in Highlands because it was ridiculously crowded. Ok, I decided not to stop. I figured there would be another town not too far away. Boy, was I wrong. We continued down Highway 28 and somehow ended up in South Carolina! Like we always say, it's not the destination but the journey! After stopping for a bite to eat, we decided to start making our way home.

We had perfect weather until we made it out of Atlanta. That's when the bottom fell out. Luckily we have rain gear, and Chris is the best defensive motorcycle driver ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment