Thursday, October 10, 2013

Overlook A Head Day 2

Day 2 started out early. Chris made sure that Quinn was all nice and shiny before we headed off for a good ole mountain breakfast. That's right; PANCAKES! lol

Pigeon Forge isn't really what I call the mountains. Gatlingburg isn't either, but at least there you are surrounded by rock. Not Pigeon Forge.  It's WAY too commercialized. Just give me an open road and surround me with the pure beauty of it all, and I'm one happy girl. :) 
I think this is one of my favorite pictures of the trip. Chris told me take pictures of the sunlight coming in through the trees. I think I got it. 
The fact that the National Park was closed didn't really affect us. The only issue we had was when we got to the Piscah Inn for lunch Apparently because the inn is on Federal ground, they decided to shut the inn down. We were very disappointed But we lucked out because we ended up eating at The Moose Cafe at a Farmers Market in Asheville, NC, and it was AMAZING!



We stopped at this pull off because I had a headache and needed to take some meds. We also needed to stretch our legs. 
I noticed these berries across the road, so we walked over and found a little hiking trail. Of course, my husband could hear water, so we went on a little hike to see it. It was just a little creek, but it was beautiful. 
The smell of this little flower is heaven to me. It's Mountain Laurel and throughout the 2 days of riding, I got whiffs of it. It just makes me relive every wonderful memory I have from the mountains.  I wish I could bottle that smell up and take it home with me. 




Another stopping point to stretch our legs was Graveyard Fields. Here we decided to take a mile hike to some water falls. 
The colors were really popping here. Pictures do not do it justice. 









After lunch we decided to head back into Tennessee so that the next day we could get on the Dragon and ride the Moonshiner Run. Plus it allowed us to go to my most favorite Mexican restaurant, No Way Jose's. It's also the only Mexican restaurant Chris does not complain about going to. Their food is so good (not to mention their margaritas)!

No comments:

Post a Comment