As you all know, this past week was mine and Chris's 8 year wedding anniversary. We celebrated by taking a long weekend to the our favorite place: The Smokey Mountains. 
After dropping Zoë off at school, we headed out. It's a good 8 hours in the car to the mountains which means you gotta add on an hour or so if you're on a motorcycle. Hey, you can't eat and drive one of those things. Oh, and here is some advice. If you are fair skinned like me, don't wait until 2pm to put on sunscreen. You will get burnt.
Even though we were a good 2 hours from our destination, I was so excited to see mountains. There is no better way to view them than on the back of the motorcycle! We got to Pigeon Forge (our stop for the night) just in time to make it to our dinner reservations at The Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Show. Chris wanted to try it out since the only dinner show we've ever done in the mountains was the Dixie Stampede, and that was about 9 years ago.
The best thing about the show was the apple pie moonshine! It was delicious.
Chris seemed pretty amazed by the show. haha!
I have tons of pictures from day 2 so I decided to break it up. I don't have many from day 3 because I forgot to charge my camera battery. But I did take some with my phone. And of course day 4 was spent coming home. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment