Sunday, December 15, 2013

Holiday Half 8K

Yesterday Chris, Melissa, and I ran the Holiday Half 8K (which is 5 miles.)

{Before the race}


After running the Trick or Trot at the end of October, Mel and I decided to up the mileage (she could probably run a 5K in her sleep) since we are training for a half marathon.

{Before the race}


Chris decided about a week before the registration was due that he would run it with us. He stuck with me at my pace all the way to mile 4. He is such a good trainer. At mile 4, he asked if he could leave me and finish at a comfortable pace for him. (He usually runs between an 8-9 minute mile, so my 10-11 minute mile was making his back cramp up.) I'm glad he did leave me because it motivated me to run (well jog) the entire last mile. He knows what motivates me. :)

{After the race}


This race I wasn't too obsessed with my time as I was with the Trick or Trot. Since the time change, I haven't ran much. As a matter of fact, the last time I ran was the week the time did change. But I've been doing Crossfit like a beast, so I knew I had the endurance to finish.


I'm very proud of my non-running self. I loathe running, but I think that's what makes me want to run more miles. It's a sick addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment