Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Week 2013


I hope you had a wonderful holiday filled with family, food, and fun! I know we sure did. :)



We started our week with getting the house ready for Christmas.


We are usually ones to wait until after Thanksgiving before we decorate, but Chris asked me on Monday if I wanted him to get the stuff down from the attic. Well, that's a Christmas miracle in itself.


Tuesday we thought we would beat the crowd for the opening day of "Frozen" since Zoë's school was out all week for Thanksgiving instead of just 3 days. Well, that didn't happen. Apparently Carmike thought it would be appropriate for my 6 year old to watch Bad Grandpa instead. We got our money back for the tickets, popcorn, and candy and headed home.


On Wednesday we actually saw the movie, and it is by far one of Disney's best. To say we LOVED it is an understatement.


Thursday we had a delicious lunch with Chris's family, and then headed to my parents' house for dinner. 3 of 8 siblings live out of state and were unable to make it home, but we were able to Skype with them all.





These girls are best of friends. I'm so thankful for their love for one another.



Friday we spent most of the day going back and forth to Lowes to get Christmas lights for the front of the house. This is our first year to put them up since last year we had just moved in a week or so before Christmas.


We also had a sleep over. The girls camped out in the theater room and watched movies.


Saturday I got my Christmas present early. Chris bought me a camel pack and a Lifeproof arm band for my long runs. He might not understand my desire to run (I don't either), but I'm glad he supports it.


That night we watched the Iron Bowl at my sister Stacy's. My oldest sister Cyndi came in town for the weekend. I'm so glad I got to see her.


Sunday we decided to hit up the Bass Pro to get Zoë's picture taken with Santa.


I'd say it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment