I think it's time I updated everyone on how the house is coming along.
We came out here for the first time in April during Spring Break. We needed to find a place to live and fast. That was the most stressful week of my life. lol. I was completely overwhelmed.
We looked at tons of houses, but nothing felt like home. After the first day of looking at houses on the market, we stumbled in a model home and toyed with idea of doing a new construction.
When we told our realtor about the possibility of building, she took us to a model home of a completely different builder than the ones we had looked at the day before. We were very impressed and put down a deposit for our new home that day!
We did have an issue with the city when they tried to get our building permit. Apparently the city's computer system just went kaput. Great. But, luckily it didn't really mess anything up.
We are currently in a rental home until October. Our builder assures us that we will meet our closing date of the end of September. The plus side of living in the desert: no rain to hold up construction.
(foyer)
(living room)
We should have a roof this week, and as soon as the inspections get done, we will have sheet rock.
(Zoë's bathroom)
Once they get the sheet rock in, Chris and I get to pick out closet systems. You know you are old when picking out closet shelving excites you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment