Well, week 3 here in Texas, and I think it's safe to say that we like our new home. 😉
Zoë has made a lifetime friend. They enjoy spending hours, upon hours, of looking up different ways to make slime. Zoë even added stuff to my grocery list so that she could make slime at home.
After a week of getting settled, we ventured out without the husbands. We made a trip to Midland to tour George W Bush's childhood home.
I didn't take any pictures of the inside of the home, but it was a very cute home. I loved seeing all the pictures of young George W and his siblings.
Last weekend, Chris and I took a road trip down to Austin.
Our main reason for going was to attend a powerlifting seminar. I actually learned a few things. Not sure if I'll implement them in my lifting though. I have a tendency to just do what I want. lol!
We were told to not waste our time waiting for a table at Franklins (a famous Austin BBQ place) because Stiles Switch was just as good, if not better. Well, I'll be the first to say, Texas BBQ is not my thing. I am not a fan at all. I did love the mac and cheese though! It reminded me of my daddy's.
After we finished eating, we played washers (kind of like corn hole). Let me just tell you, Chris cheats. 😜 Well, he doesn't cheat at washers, but he does cheat at arcade games. We ended our night with a trip to Dave and Busters to play games and drink a few beers.
It was exactly what I needed. An actual date night with my honey.
My girl had a great weekend with her new family. 😂
We've had some pretty crazy weather the last couple of days. The temps are getting as high as 110 degrees which makes for severe afternoon storms. We were told it didn't rain here. Well, apparently, we brought the rain with us.
Wednesday night we had a really bad hail storm blow in.
Check out the size of that hail! We had some damage done to the rental and to Chris's and his mom's cars. Zoë and I weren't home during the storm. We were swimming with friends. And lucky for us, the weather wasn't bad where we were.
I got a pretty busy week next week with Disney releasing it's 2018 Walt Disney World packages, so I'm gonna enjoy this weekend with my loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment