Friday, September 17, 2010

Show Us Your Life Fridays

A blog that I absolutely love to read is Kelly's Korner. She's doing a post every Friday, called "Show us your life". Well, for the next couple of weeks, it's "Show us where you live Friday." This week, she is focusing on living rooms. I thought it would be fun to join in since I read her blog pretty much everyday. My friend Tiffany is planning on doing it too. We are such dorks.
My house is not big but it's still my home. We have it on the market right now, wanting bigger and better. But recently, I realized that I'm perfectly happy living in my 1300 square foot house. The fact that it's not huge just means that our house note isn't huge either. I would hate to be "tied down" to my house. We are such an on the go family that us being home is rather rare. And I love that about us! Any who, here is my living room:

This is the viewyou get when you first walk in the front door. Don't you just love the pink Mustang! Hopefully, I'll be getting a little storage shed from Lowes to put that in. It'll be like Zoë's mini garage. Willy the Whale is only here for the weekend. (He's on the entertainment center). He's Zoë's reading buddy. She got to bring him home with a bunch of books for the weekend from school. We've read 2 so far.

Here is our fireplace. I eventually want to get rid of that cast iron gate and get glass doors for it. And of course, our house is filled with pictures of our beautiful daughter. :-)


And there she is in person! Pay no attention to the carpet under the couch legs. I just forget to look for the nicer coaster like things that actually go under the legs of furniture. Our living room is pretty small but we figured out the best way to get enough sitting for guest and keep the living room open, a sectional. This sectional was sold to us with a cuddler (a big chair basically). We were told that we had to buy it with the 3 pieces. We had some trouble when it was delivered (we were given 2 left pieces). So, when we went to the furniture store to complain (I was 9 months pregnant and really wanted a place to sit when I brought my child home from the hospital), we were informed that we didn't have to buy the cuddler. Well, the cuddler made our living room feel smaller, so we ended up putting in our game room.

We just got that new door a few months ago. I love it. Before we just a plain wooden door. Over in the corner is where Zoë eats, colors, and draws. Once I get her "mini garage", I plan on putting that table where the car is currently. Besides, I need that spot for our Christmas tree in a few months.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of our living room. Next week it's master bedrooms. I'm excited about that one because we just rearranged our bedroom furniture!












2 comments:

  1. I love it! We lived in 1400 square feet for 13 years and I didn't realize I loved it so much until we moved into our new house. Now my boys are always upstairs in the game room or their rooms. We used to HAVE to all be together because our house was small...but like you said it was our home!!! I miss it!!
    Don't feel like a dork for doing this...I actually took pictures tonight and am going to post mine tomorrow!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually a lot of fun!
    With your growing family you definitely needed more space. :)

    ReplyDelete