This weekend Zoë got to bring home a reading buddy from school. Her name is Wally the Whale. The picture above is of Zoë rescueing Wally from a very dark cave. Notice the rope (measuring tape) and special seeing glasses (sunglasses). She needed those tools to save Wally! I love her imagination.
Chris is still out of town! He's only been gone a week but it seems like a year. During the week, it's not so bad because I'm busy with work, Zoë and housework. But the weekend about drove me insane! I love my daughter but by Saturday evening, we were both ready to kill each other. I'm so ready to go to New Orleans Friday night to celebrate my sister Cyndi's birthday. Much needed sister/girls time!!!!
Well, one good thing about this weekend is I got to spend some time with my best friend Jamie. Saturday, we ate Mexican and went shopping. Sunday, Zoë and I went to Jamie's house. Her son Clay is 6 months older than Zoë. They play very well together. We hung out there all afternoon. Zoë and Clay swam, played with trains, and watched Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry. When we got home, Zoë wanted to make cupcakes. I promised her Saturday we would make them, and she was definitely making sure I kept my promise.
Wanna hear the sweetest thing ever? While we were eating tonight, Zoë looked at me and said, "I prayed for you momma." I said, "You did?!" She said, "yea, I said to Him, thank you for my beautiful momma." I do believe I have the sweetest, most beautiful child on this planet. :)
That is a precious little girl you have there!! Marc was gone this weekend and will be until next Saturday and I hate it!!! The week isn't so bad but I don't like being away from each other on the weekends for some reason.
ReplyDeleteI am glad yall had a good weekend!!!