Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010

2010 where did you go? I remember the days when I was younger, and they seemed to go by at turtle speed. Now that I'm older, (I'll be 28 in less than 3 months!) they seem to go by way to fast. A lot happened in 2010. In January I resigned from my job at BBVA Compass Bank to start a new job at BancorpSouth. Second best career decision I've made (the first was leaving Shoe Station. lol). We went on a bunch of mini-vacations and one BIG vacation throughout the year.





At the end of January, we had a 3 day weekend in the mountains. Zoe has seen more snow in her lifetime than most people in Mobile. Look at how young she looks. She still had a baby face!






In March Zoe got her hair cut for the first time ever! I guess it's time to schedule another appointment for her since it's been almost a year.





Ever since Zoe was born, we spend Easter weekend in Atlanta. This past year we went to the zoo, Stone Mountain and Six Flags.











In May Zoe turned 3! She's grown so much since then. There is not an ounce of baby left. It makes me sad.






But then I just look at that beautiful face and I'm smiling again.






This past summer we spent some time at the pool.












And at the beach.





And riding rides at Universal Studios in Orlando.





The summer also brought along the introduction of dance to my child.






She loves it!












In August, Zoe started school! Yes, some might argue that 3K is not real school, but at Faith they treat 3K just like Kindergarten. And since Zoe will go to Faith through 12th grade, this was like her starting kindergarten.





Ready to go on her first day!





In September, we lost a very special person. Josh always brought a smile to everyone's face. My heart still breaks for his wife Cassy. Josh's death made me realize that we were never promised tomorrow. And with this knowledge I try to not take any moment I have with my family for granted.





In October, Chris and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. The above picture is of a couple we met on our first night in Disney World. They were celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary. Like us, they go to Disney every year. Chris made a comment on his FB page that this is us in 60 years. ;) that just warms my heart.











Recognize this outfit? She wore it 6 months before when we went to Six Flags. Except now the shorts no longer come to her knees and the shirt is a tad bit tighter! She grew a lot in 6 months.











In November, my family made a quick weekend trip to the mountains. The day before we were suppose to leave, my dad was admitted into tue hospital for chest pains. We found out he has an enlarges aorta, but thankfully everything is a-ok with his heart. He just has to monitor it every 6 months and QUIT smoking!!





Chris gives my dad no slack. They climbed this mountain the day after my dad was released from the hospital. Yes, my parents drove 9 hours right after he was released. Crazy! I'm glad they did though. I loved spending that time with them and 3 of my sisters.























Christmas being celebrated at the end of the year was an excellent idea! What better way is there to end the year then spending time with the ones you love? 2010 was a good year all together for us. With it came realizations, sorrow, great memories and lots of laughs!!! Happy New Year everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment