Thursday, April 14, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

I do sooo love Thursdays, but my main reason is because Chris is home when I get off work on Thursdays. But not today. :( He won't be home until tomorrow. Just one more day! I'm so blessed to have such a great relationship with my husband. God truly made him for me and vise versa. Chris is very into Greek and Roman mythology. My favorite story he has shared with me was a story on soul mates. In Greek mythology, it's said that the first humans were created with four arms, four legs and four eyes. They had two noses and two mouths, and they terrified Zeus. He believed they had great powers and feared there would come a day when one would take his place as Ruler. To prevent such an incident from ever occurring, Zeus split each human in half and left them to wonder aimlessly around the mortal world searching for their other half. Their one true soul mate… I'm so glad I found my other half and have been able to spend these past 7 years with him. I love you Christopher Lee!
The reason for my post is because I've been thinking a lot about a good friend of ours lately who lost her husband not too long ago. She's always on my heart but more so this week. I know it's because her son celebrates his 3rd birthday this weekend. Such a wonderful, happy day but also can't help
but think of his father and be a little sad. The other night Zoe told me (out of the blue) that she missed Mr. Josh. She then proceeded to tell me that she knows he looks after her just like Jesus does. It made me cry.
On a much lighter note, I'm so ready for this weekend. This past week, Zoe and I have been wearing on each other's nerves something awful! We definitely need a buffer! (Another reason I'm looking forward to Chris coming home.) She asked me in the car yesterday morning when was her daddy coming home. I said, "Friday. Why? You tired of me?" Without hesitation she responded, "Yep." I do love that kid!!


No comments:

Post a Comment