
And I'm also linking up with Katie over at Keep Calm and Carry on.

I've seen many Pinterest pins where people would take old frames and just spray paint them to give the frames a little make over. Like these from modmomdiy.wordpress.com:

I really liked these from smallchichome.com:

I thought I would cheat and just go to Hobby Lobby and buy these styles of frames since I'm not very crafty and would rather spend my Saturday doing something fun with Chris and Zoë. But even at half price, they were more than what I wanted to spend. So, we made a little trip to Lowes and bought some spray paint with primer in it.

These were what the picture frames looked like before. Simple, neutral brown frames.


I really can't say that I did this little project. Yes, I helped by making sure the spray paint was nice and shook up. :) But Chris did all the painting.

I was very pleased with the outcome! For $13 we have 12 "new" frames.

We haven't hung up the majority of them on the walls upstairs yet, but I can share with you some of the ones that I have scattered around the downstairs.

Maybe we'll get the others hung up so I can show how pretty the colors are against our neutral, yellow walls.
They look great! I love that he helped you paint...that's a good man. ;) Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sarah!
DeleteLooks great, I also pinned this! Love what you did
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteGreat job hubby. hee hee
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I need to do this to some of my old frames.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Saw your link over at Six Sisters and thought I'd stop by and check out your post :)
ReplyDeleteI'd love for you to link up a few projects at my weekend link party that is going on right now @The Weekend re-Treat!
Hope to see you there!
They looks great! I'd like to invite you to link up to Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-4-plus-a-giveaway
Kathie
So glad you came over and linked up last weekend @The Weekend re-Treat!
ReplyDeleteHope to see you again this week!
Anonymous I did not mean to delete your comment. I meant to hit reply. Sorry. To answer your question, no you don't have to sand them first. Just spray paint. :)
ReplyDelete