
I use ground turkey for anything that requires ground meat since we are limiting our red meat consumption. Funny side story about that. A few weeks ago I was at Target grocery shopping and was looking at the fillets just to see if they had any good ones. Every now and then a girl needs a juicy steak. Well, my 6 year old said, "Momma, get back over to the chicken. We don't eat red meat!" Good job keeping me healthy kid. :-)
Any who, what you'll need is a pound of ground turkey, a can of black beans (we used Publix brand organic low sodium), taco seasoning (homemade or packet it doesn't matter), a form of greens (baby spinach is my fav), shredded cheese, and diced tomatoes. For the dressing I used low fat sour cream. But I think a combo of low fat sour cream and salsa would be much better.
Just brown the ground turkey. Once that's cooked, add in the drained and rinsed black beans (sometimes we add in corn, but baby girl didn't want any), add taco seasoning. Cook as directed on the packet.
Then assemble your salad. Pretty dang easy and delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment